Welcome to InsomniacGamerZ.net Subscribe to our Vimeo channel! Follow us on Google+! Follow IGZ on Twitter! Like the IGZ page on Facebook! Subscribe to IGZ's Youtube Channel!Mark forums read | View Forum Leaders

InsomniacGamerZ.net

Xbox 360 Modding Tutorials Learn various ways to mod your Xbox 360.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
How to Extract or Inject Files Out of or Into an Xbox 360 ISO
Old 12-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
Founder

Gamertag: Twis7eD
Member No.: 1
Thanks Received: 1156

Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!
Awards Showcase
Nice Streak! Post It! Dedicated Member 2 Year Anniversary Happy Anniversary! Thanks! Good Citizen Well Connected Streamer Bootlegger Masterchief Uploader 
Total Awards: 18
Send a message via AIM to Twis7eD Send a message via Skype™ to Twis7eD

By Twis7eD of InsomniacGamerZ.net

This tutorial will teach you how to take an ISO file and open it up to allow you to see the files inside and extract and inject the files inside.

Requirements:
An Xbox 360 ISO file/game(can be found in the usual places)
Wx360(direct download) or Wx360(download page)

1. Now that you have your ISO downloaded, we can open up Wx360. When you open Wx360, you should be presented with a screen similar to this:

2. Now click the little folder button to open your ISO:

3.You should now be able to browse for your ISO. Once you find it, just double click it or click it once and then click the open button.

4.Once you have the ISO opened in Wx360, then you have a couple options.

Option 1. - Extracting only certain files: To do this, find the files that you want to extract and press CTRL+click on each one that you want to extract. Then right click on one of the highlighted files and press Extract Files.

Then just pick where you want to extract the files to and Wx360 will start extracting the files.

Option 2. - Extracting all files: To do this, just click the multiple folder button that is to the right of the single folder that you clicked in step 2. The folder should look like this:

Once you have clicked that button, then just pick a location for you files to be extracted to and Wx360 will start extracting the files.

Option 3. - Injecting a file: To do this, just right click on a file that you want to replace. Then click on the Replace File option.

Wx360 with then allow you to browse for a file to replace the current file with. So, lets say you have a modded version of that file that you want to inject, then you can find that file and replace it.

Now you have successfully extracted or injected files into an Xbox 360 ISO. It's that easy!

This tutorial was made by Twis7eD of InsomniacGamerZ.net and only for InsomniacGamerZ.net This tutorial may not be ripped without the permission of me. If you rip this tutorial, then at least have the decency to give me and my website credit. This tutorial took long to make and you should not steal the credit.

Twis7eD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
Exclusive Member

Gamertag: byBass
Member No.: 6045
Thanks Received: 163

LeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to all
Awards Showcase
Law Enforcer Dedicated Member Happy Anniversary! Artistic Insomniac Basic Training Hot Topic Well Connected 
Total Awards: 8
Send a message via AIM to LeFluff Send a message via Skype™ to LeFluff
I need help now, ive extracted the files and everything into a folder now how do i get it onto a disk?
Old 04-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
Founder

Gamertag: Twis7eD
Member No.: 1
Thanks Received: 1156

Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!
Awards Showcase
Nice Streak! Post It! Dedicated Member 2 Year Anniversary Happy Anniversary! Thanks! Good Citizen Well Connected Streamer Bootlegger Masterchief Uploader 
Total Awards: 18
Send a message via AIM to Twis7eD Send a message via Skype™ to Twis7eD
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLePierre View Post
I need help now, ive extracted the files and everything into a folder now how do i get it onto a disk?
Why would you want to put these files on a disc? The whole point of this tutorial is to be able to take any file off the ISO so that you can mod the file or put it on your JTAG's HDD or do something besides putting it on a disc. If you want to make a disc out of the ISO, then get a duel layer DVD and burn the ISO to it using a program like IMGburn.

Twis7eD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
Exclusive Member

Gamertag: byBass
Member No.: 6045
Thanks Received: 163

LeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to allLeFluff is a name known to all
Awards Showcase
Law Enforcer Dedicated Member Happy Anniversary! Artistic Insomniac Basic Training Hot Topic Well Connected 
Total Awards: 8
Send a message via AIM to LeFluff Send a message via Skype™ to LeFluff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twis7eD View Post
Why would you want to put these files on a disc? The whole point of this tutorial is to be able to take any file off the ISO so that you can mod the file or put it on your JTAG's HDD or do something besides putting it on a disc. If you want to make a disc out of the ISO, then get a duel layer DVD and burn the ISO to it using a program like IMGburn.
Idk, what to do. Do i put the files on a flash drive? i want to put it onto my jtag,
Old 04-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #5

Member No.: 9214
Thanks Received: 19

Infinite has a spectacular aura aboutInfinite has a spectacular aura aboutInfinite has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLePierre View Post
Idk, what to do. Do i put the files on a flash drive? i want to put it onto my jtag,
Once you extracted all the files from the ISO in wx360, put the files into a folder, then put the folder on a USB and open it up in xexmenu, then run the xex.