Welcome to InsomniacGamerZ.net Subscribe to our Vimeo channel! Follow us on Google+! Follow IGZ on Twitter! Like the IGZ page on Facebook! Subscribe to IGZ's Youtube Channel!Mark forums read | View Forum Leaders

InsomniacGamerZ.net

JTAG & RGH Related Modding Discuss anything about the JTAG or RGH hack. This includes homebrew, unsigned code, or any other related discussion.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
How to Install Dash Launch on a JTAG'd Xbox 360
Old 12-26-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
Founder

Gamertag: Twis7eD
Member No.: 1
Thanks Received: 1156

Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!Twis7eD is being paid to be this good!
Awards Showcase
Nice Streak! Post It! Dedicated Member 2 Year Anniversary Happy Anniversary! Thanks! Good Citizen Well Connected Streamer Bootlegger Masterchief Uploader 
Total Awards: 18
Send a message via AIM to Twis7eD Send a message via Skype™ to Twis7eD

By Twis7eD of InsomniacGamerZ.net

This tutorial will teach you how to install dash launch on your NAND and allow you to directly boot into FreeStyle Dash, XeXmenu, or any other dashboard or file.

Requirements:
Dash launch(version 2.02 if you are on 9199 and version 2.07 if you are on 12611) - Get it from
Xbins in directory:
Code:
/XBOX 360/development/system apps/dash_launch/
A JTAG'd Xbox 360

1. Now that you have dash launch downloaded, unRAR it. Inside you should see a folder called installer. Put that to the side for now. We'll need it later.

2. Now take the sample_launch.ini and rename it to launch.ini. Once it is renamed, open it up(if you need to pick what program to open it in, then pick Notepad). You should see something similar to this:

3. Now we need to edit the launch.ini file for our specific settings. They will depend on if you are using an external HDD, a regular Microsoft HDD, or any other type of device to launch from. They will also depend on where you have your file stored and what file you are trying to launch. I am launching FreeStyle Dash 1.20 from my external HDD and if I hold X when I am booting my console, it will boot XeXmenu, so it looks like this:

4. These are my specific directories(folders), DO NOT copy them unless you have XeXmenu and FSD in those exact places on your USB device. If you were using a Microsoft HDD, then you would use Hdd:\ instead of Usb:\ as your place where you are launching your file from. This may seem confusing now, but just look over the info_launch.ini file that is included with dash launch to edit your launch.ini file to your specific settings. It will make more sense once you do that. The info_launch.ini looks like this:

You are also going to want to look over the extra things that you can set. For instance, if you want pingpatch = true or false. I would leave nxemini and pingpatch = true as is. This will make it so that you don't have to use Yaris Swap on most of your Xbox LIVE Arcade games and make it so that you will have the ping limit removed for your JTAG. This will make it so that if you want to play on Xlink, then you can play with anyone without ping restrictions that Microsoft has set in place.

5. Now that we have the launch.ini edited the way that we want it, put it in the installer folder. It should look like this:

Also, put the launch.ini file in the files folder that is inside of the installer folder. Just do this as a precaution, because I don't remember which folder it is supposed to go in. It should look like this:

6. Now put the installer folder on your storage device(HDD, external, etc.). It can be put in any folder. I would recommend putting it on the root of the drive just for the sake of time saving and remembering where you put it.

7. Now plug the storage device into your JTAG and turn your JTAG on. Navigate to the installer folder through XeXmenu, FreeStyle Dash, or any other method and run the installer(default.xex) file.

8. You will now be on the installation screen for dash launch. It will tell you what to do, just follow the
instructions. It will probably ask you to update all the files, just do that. After it has completed everything that it needs to, just reboot your console.

9. Now that your console has rebooted, it should automatically boot into whatever dashboard/file you assigned it to boot into with your launch.ini file. If for some reason it doesn't boot into the right file, then turn your JTAG off and take your storage device out and edit the launch.ini file until you get it the way that you want it.

Congrats, once you have done all of that, you have successfully installed dash launch and will now be able to boot into FreeStyle Dash, XeXmenu, or any other dash without having to go back or start at the NXE dashboard.

This tutorial was made by Twis7eD of InsomniacGamerZ.net and only for InsomniacGamerZ.net This tutorial may not be ripped without the permission of me. If you rip this tutorial, then at least have the decency to give me and my website credit. This tutorial took long to make and you should not steal the credit.

Twis7eD is offline   Reply With Quote