Welcome to InsomniacGamerZ.net Subscribe to our Vimeo channel! Follow us on Google+! Follow IGZ on Twitter! Like the IGZ page on Facebook! Subscribe to IGZ's Youtube Channel!Mark forums read | View Forum Leaders

InsomniacGamerZ.net

iPods Anything having to do with iPods. iTouch, iPhone, iPad, iPod Video, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
2nd gen ipod touch three-axis gyroscope not working
Old 04-18-2011, 04:19 AM   #1
Aka Twilks

Gamertag: Rebearth
Member No.: 13684
Thanks Received: 93

Sober Warrior is a name known to allSober Warrior is a name known to allSober Warrior is a name known to allSober Warrior is a name known to allSober Warrior is a name known to allSober Warrior is a name known to allSober Warrior is a name known to allSober Warrior is a name known to allSober Warrior is a name known to all
Awards Showcase
2 Year Anniversary Donator Happy Anniversary! Insomniac Well Connected Hot Topic Stuck! Basic Training 
Total Awards: 8
Send a message via Skype™ to Sober Warrior
2nd gen ipod touch three-axis gyroscope not working

alrgiht so heres the story,

so i restored my ipod touch today because my three-axis gyroscope isn't working, like when you go into safari and you go landscape mode (long ways) it doesn't seem to work...doesn't do anything. i have no clue whats wrong i have a 2nd gen 8GB MC 4.3 ISO

please help meeee!!!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
Mobster

Member No.: 6677
Thanks Received: 290

Al Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud of
Awards Showcase
Post It! Dedicated Member 2 Year Anniversary Happy Anniversary! Good Citizen Anti-Spam Stuck! Streamer Well Connected Donator Law Enforcer Artistic 
Total Awards: 14
Send a message via AIM to Al Capone
Do you mean the accelerometer? Only the iphones and the 4th gen ipod touch have a gyroscope.

I can't really find anything online, does it work for games or is it not working for anything?
Old 04-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
Aka Twilks

Sober Warrior is a name known to allSober Warrior is a name known to allSober Warrior is a name known to allSober Warrior is a name known to allSober Warrior is a name known to allSober Warrior is a name known to allSober Warrior is a name known to allSober Warrior is a name known to allSober Warrior is a name known to all
Awards Showcase
2 Year Anniversary Donator Happy Anniversary! Insomniac Well Connected Hot Topic Stuck! Basic Training 
Like when I view videos Like I can only view vertically(going up). And the shake to shuffle doesn't work.... I have it enabled
Old 04-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
U mad bro?

Gamertag: Twistacular
Member No.: 4332
Thanks Received: 63

Jayzee is a glorious beacon of lightJayzee is a glorious beacon of lightJayzee is a glorious beacon of lightJayzee is a glorious beacon of lightJayzee is a glorious beacon of lightJayzee is a glorious beacon of lightJayzee is a glorious beacon of light
Awards Showcase
Happy Anniversary! Anti-Spam Basic Training Hot Topic Artistic Well Connected Insomniac 
Total Awards: 7
Send a message via AIM to Jayzee
Its your accelerometer. They can be easily damaged if they're dropped, (trust me, I know) and it needs to be replaced. I'd call and find out if any repair places can supply the part.

Jayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
Aka Twilks

Awards Showcase
When I restore my iPod it works for like 10mins then stops working
Old 04-19-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
U mad bro?

Jayzee is a glorious beacon of lightJayzee is a glorious beacon of lightJayzee is a glorious beacon of lightJayzee is a glorious beacon of lightJayzee is a glorious beacon of lightJayzee is a glorious beacon of lightJayzee is a glorious beacon of light
Awards Showcase
Happy Anniversary! Anti-Spam Basic Training Hot Topic Artistic Well Connected Insomniac 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxTWiLkSxxx View Post
When I restore my iPod it works for like 10mins then stops working
Definetly needs to be replaced then. Something is causing the accelerometer to act stupid. See if you can find a place that will fix it, that's your only solution.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #7
Mobster

Member No.: 6677
Thanks Received: 290

Al Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud ofAl Capone has much to be proud of
Awards Showcase
Post It! Dedicated Member 2 Year Anniversary Happy Anniversary! Good Citizen Anti-Spam Stuck! Streamer Well Connected Donator Law Enforcer Artistic 
Total Awards: 14
Send a message via AIM to Al Capone
Not sure if this works but if your desperate you can take a magnet from your fridge (if you have any) and run it along the back of the ipod and see if it fixes it. I mean it's worth a shot since you might have to replace it.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #8
U mad bro?

Awards Showcase
I think that's possible, but it's an accelerometer, not a magnemometer. Maybe it can do some more harm than good. But, then again, i haven't tested this, so i'm not entirely sure whether or not it can work.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #9
Aka Twilks

Awards Showcase
just restored and it works??? ill keep yall updated.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:48 AM   #10
LaLaLaLaLa W/e

Gamertag: LolzZMeToSleep
Member No.: 1117
Thanks Received: 265

Angel has much to be proud ofAngel has much to be proud ofAngel has much to be proud ofAngel has much to be proud ofAngel has much to be proud ofAngel has much to be proud ofAngel has much to be proud ofAngel has much to be proud ofAngel has much to be proud ofAngel has much to be proud ofAngel has much to be proud of
Awards Showcase
Post It! Happy Anniversary! Good Citizen Stuck! Winner Law Enforcer Referrer of the Month Streamer Anti-Spam Artistic Uploader CoD Master 
Total Awards: 17
Send a message via AIM to Angel
Get a new ipod.

It is repairable but will cost a **** load of money. accelerometer is attached to the main board and is maybe 3mm big. So it would require a MB replacement
Old 04-21-2011, 11:33 AM   #11
Aka Twilks

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Capone View Post
Not sure if this works but if your desperate you can take a magnet from your fridge (if you have any) and run it along the back of the ipod and see if it fixes it. I mean it's worth a shot since you might have to replace it.
alright, so it stopped working last night around 9PM so i found a magnet scanned it across my ipod near bottom left side, then my ipod rebooted and it works again