|Computer Discussion Discuss any new computer news or show off your setup.|
|View All Announcements (2) Global Announcement|
|06-16-2009 until 12-30-2020|
a. Refrain from spam/one-liner replies, such as "thx, ..., *emotion*, lol" etc... Try to extend your post so it is meaningful. If you want to say thanks, don't post it, click the "Thanks" button.
b. SEARCH!! - We encourage you to use the search function before you go about asking a question. Chances are, your question may have already been answered, and can lessen the time it takes to wait for a response if you were to create your own.
c. Bumping - Pay attention to the date of the last post. Bumping old topics (around a month from the last post) is not allowed, but only if you have an informative addition to the topic, or it is a tutorial you would like to respond to.
d. Flaming - We try to keep this board as civil as possible. One thing we strongly do not tolerate is the use of insults towards other members. You can express your opinion civilly, no need to be harsh about it. If things start heating up, use the report function (explained in guide as well). Failing to do so and deciding to take matter into your own hands can result in an infraction/warning for yourself as well. So be careful.
e. Make your posts legible - It takes less effort to type complete sentences. We want to understand you. (s0 3v3n th0ugh m0st p30pL3 c4n r34d d1z, n0 0n3 3nj0yz 1t.) Also, do not post in all CAPS. People take CAPS as a form of screaming. You can't interpret over 8% of communication over the internet, so its best you keep the caps lock off.
f. We encourage everyone to help out members here. If you don't have anything nice to say to them, don't say anything at all. Be polite at all times. Using the "Thanks" button as a symbol of posts you find informative/helpful to you. Any abuse, (such as creating another account and giving yourself Thanks to your own posts), will result in an infraction and ban from the "Thanks" system. You may also use "Thanks," but do not beg people to give you Thanks, it's disrespectful and will also lead to infractions.
g. Do not post saying
"No warez in public"
"Do not bump threads"
"Way to bump this old thread"
These are all reasons that you should be reporting the post. Posting this in a thread is just more spam to add to the thread.
h. Links - Do not post links to sites where you make money from people clicking on the links or where you shorten the URL. Examples: bit.ly and adf.ly The reason we do not allow these is because people want to see where they are going to be taken to if they click a link. No one wants to wait on those URLs that take them to a different page and then redirect them to their destination. Post the correct direct link to the page you are linking to or you risk getting an infraction.
a. Keep your thread titles simple - Thread titles like "H3LPZ PLZZZZ," T4K3 A L@@K," are not permitted and will be closed until you make another with complete grammar. It makes it harder for people to understand you if you can communicate properly.
b. Do not make multiple threads of the same content - If you have a question to ask: Sit tight and wait. Making more threads will result in them getting removed, and if you continue to spam, we will make necessary actions.
c. Threads must not contain any closely or directly related to these topics:
* Host Booting/Flooding (Discussion & Program)
* Porn/Explicit Content
* Suspension/Banning Of A Member (Discussing is only between the member and staff)
* Username/Passwords/IP/Credit Cards
* Ridiculous Content
* Premium Content (Non-Premium members)
* Trading Accounts/Microsoft Points without consent of an admin
* Requesting 48 hour trials or any kind of Xbox LIVE membership
Any threads that revolve around those type of topics are to be reported immediately.
d. Make sure you post in the correct section - When asking for help, make sure you do it in the help/support section of that forum. If a topic is in the wrong section, or you feel it is, just report the post. Don't mini-mod and yell at the person for doing so.
a. No spamming of the shoutbox for 48 hour trials, Modern Warfare 2 modded games, spamming for any kind of help, or just plain old spamming. Any of these will lead to an infraction and if you continue to spam you will be banned.
b. No talking about topics that would usually be discussed in the forums. Keep the shoutbox for small talk, not forum or posts/threads talk.
c. No discussion of infractions or bannings of members(as stated above) in the shoutbox.
d. Any scamming in the shoutbox or anywhere else on the site will get you at least a 3 day ban.
e. The shoutbox should only be used for small talk. Nothing inappropriate should be discussed. Inappropriate topics are topics that violate any of our other rules. IE: Pornographic material, talking about why a member was banned, posting warez, posting offensive links, abusing/avoiding the swear filter and posting inappropriate words.
Avatars & Signatures
a. Avatars & Signature must not contain:
* Excessive/Offensive Content
* Advertisements/Referral (Images & Links)
* Links to other sites (Forums/Blogs/etc...)
* Languages other than English
* Of Sexual Origin / Contains sexual content (Implied by staff)
Warning & Infraction System
a. The infractions system is based on points, each infraction varies in points (warnings contain no points):
* 10 Points = 3 Day Suspension
* 20 Points = 2 Week Suspension
* 30 Points = 1 Month Suspension
* 40 Points = Permanent Ban
c. When you are banned, you are not allowed to return under a new username unless you have a legit reason. Such action could result in an IP ban.
d. Infractions, Warnings, Suspensions, and Ban's are decided depending on how the situation is. Avoiding such is obvious, and takes common sense and a little knowledge of what not to do on the board, but just in case:
* Arguing With A Member - If you have a problem with a member, report the issue and let a staff member step in and settle the situation. Yelling back will get you no where.
* Arguing With A Staff Member - May result in a higher offense. If a staff member says the final words, those words are final. If there is a definite problem see the Administrators about the issue with the current staff member, but do not flame or insult the staff members directly. (Its the least you could do)
* Spamming - Usually, we will just remove spam and move on. If it becomes an issue, we will inform you with a warning/infraction. PM Spamming is an automatic ban. We do not tolerate people giving members a hard time with their spam.
* Advertisement - May result in an infraction. If only posted once, a small warning and a removal of the link/topic may be given. If you wish to affiliate, contact Twis7eD.
* Requesting/Posting Illegal Content/Obscene - Posting illegal/obscene content will result in an infraction. Illegal content can put the board in trouble, and we do not want to be in that situation.
* Racism/Excessive Swearing - Racism wont be tolerated, period. Even though we have the word filter system, we still don't tolerate people who continue to flood their post with ridiculous amounts if swearing. When you do that, your giving an image about yourself but also about how people are on the board, and if thats the way you want to act then this isnt the place for you.
Donations and Exclusive Forums
a. For more information please see our "Donations and Benefits" announcement.
Individual Forum Rules
a. Some forums/sub-forums may have their own particular rules. These rules are also to be kept up with. They will most likely be a stuck topic at the top of the page. A good example is the B/S/T section. It has individual rules that are more specific to that section. If you wish to buy, sell, or trade something in that section, then you must read those rules first.
Trading & Notices
a. You may only trade Xbox Live accounts and points if you are approved to do so by an admin.
b. Any actions that goes on outside the forums is in no way attached to the forums. We don't need anymore drama from AIM (Or any IM client) brought onto here. If it didn't happen on the board, it is not in our hands to deal or help you solve your problems.
c. InsomniacGamerZ is its own, and does not try to invade/spam other forums - Anyone spreading rumors or trying to find a false factor to accuse InsomniacGamerZ of is not permitted. Members are not told to say any of some sort, and if it does happen, please report the member and the problem and we'll deal with the member as we see fit.
d. Name changes - Name changes are allowed for everyone Exclusive up. That pretty much means that everyone can change their name as long as they are not a regular member. You are allowed as many name changes as you want, but if you start to abuse the system, then we will take away your rights to it. To change your username you can find the option in the bottom left hand corner of your User Control Panel or you can click here. The request may take a few days to process/update because it is a manual upgrade. We will get to it as soon as possible.
e. Rule Changes - These rules are not definite, they can and will change in the future without notice. It is your job to stay up to date with our rules. If a member does not "break a rule" but is acting out, we will deal with that member as we deem fit.
|Register||FAQ||Members List||Calendar||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|